Wednesday 3 June 2015

Reading sample

Description: My goal is to expand my vocabulary. To help me expand my vocabulary I can have re-read a text to to see if I missed something, or I go and look to see if I can spot some words that I already know in the same word Example Information I can see info and then I realize that it's information.   

Success Criteria:

  • I re-read so I can see if I've missed something.
  • I see if I can spot a word I already know.
  • I ask questions to get help.



Here is the Pebbles and Rock words poster
















Feedback Feedforward: I think you have done really well with getting heaps of words that mean the same thing as the pebble words and making them more interesting but I think you can work describing what your goal is. By Katelyn.

Big Idea: In week 7 we did a Tic Tac Toe. We had to do a post of one of the Tic Tac Toes that we did. I chose were pebble and rock words. What you had to do in that one was you had to Chose 5 Pebble words (Big, Small, Happy, Sad, Good etc) and come up with at least 10 Rock words for each. Pebbles make a small blip when you throw it in a river. Rocks make a huge splash!
Here is an example:Happy is a pebble word Joyful is a rock word.

Evaluation: I think I did awesome at finding the words but I think I could do better at finding out what they mean. If I were to do this again I would plan out the layout more better.


The Big Idea said that I needed to do 5 pebble words instead of 3 but I had some problems

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Bridget, I appreciate your hard work in Literacy Time. This post is exactly what we asked for. I think you did a great job of your pebble and rock words and I hope you think of these during your next writing session.

    ReplyDelete