Sunday 30 August 2015

Maths with Kate B

Description: We have to do a post on showing what we have been doing in math this term because if we don't then we haven't done a post on every subject in Poutama that we do. We have been split into 12 groups and there are Kate A, B, C. Rebecca A, B, C. Troy A, B, C. Elly A, B, C. What ever group you are in that is your workshop group for example I'm in Kate B. So this week in Kate B I've been doing multiplication and division. I've shown my work just above.

This is my maths that I've been doing in my workshop:

9x35=315












90÷7=












Big Idea: In the first strategy for the times table was rounding and compensating. The second strategy was known facts. The strategy for the division was doing place value.

Feedback: I think that Bridget did well at showing her math strategies.

Feedforward: I think that Bridget could of done 2 strategies on the division like with the multiplication.

Evaluation: I think that doing the multiplication problem was easier because I've been practicing it more then the division and thats probably why I think that the division was hard. If I were to do it again I would do a different strategy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been working hard to understand the different strategies we have been using for both multiplication and division. Make sure that you always ask if you are unsure so we can solve issues sooner rather than later and help your learning happen faster. Your post shows a good explanation of the strategies and you need to continue to use them to solve problems.

    ReplyDelete